Bayside Park & Joinville Pool
This beautiful park has a view of Lagoon Island Park, Bayside Park is located at the mouth of the Marina Lagoon, within walking distance of Seal Point Park. Amenities include a playground, dog park, ball fields, tennis courts, picnic areas, and the seasonal outdoor Joinville Swim Center.
The swimming facility has a shallow water training pool that is a few feet deep and a larger 6-lane pool that reaches 6 feet deep. Youth swim lessons and recreational swimming is offered and the pool is available for private or group rentals during non-public hours and for birthday parties at specific times on weekends mid-June through early September.
The dog park is an off leash area that is fenced near the Waste Water Treatment Plant off Detroit Drive.
Bayside Park and Joinville Pool
2111 Kehoe Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403
There are 3 reservable picnic areas for San Mateo residents with 6 tables each and BBQ grills, it costs $60 to reserve them. There is also a free drop-in only area with 4 picnic tables but no BBQ grills. Alcohol may be served in Bayside Park only with a $50 alcohol permit. Inflatable jumpers are permitted with some limitations and a $25 jumper permit. Pool reservations are required for groups 10 and over.
- Monday-Friday 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Saturday/Sunday and Holidays 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Swim Center amenities include:
- Large pool is 6-lanes, 4 ½ feet to 6 feet deep
- Shallow water training pool 2 feet to 3 ½ feet deep
- Handicapped stairs and lift.
- Heated locker rooms and showers with handicapped accessible shower and bathrooms.
- Lawn and deck space as well as a patio with tables and chairs.
- Multi-purpose room with weight equipment.