The San Mateo Elks Lodge is a private club but their pool is used for scuba classes and children’s swim lessons. The membership committee holds an Open House on the 2nd Friday of the month, doors open at 6:00PM for Family Dinner following the Bingo and Pedro Night. Tour the facilities, meet members and officers.
Elks Lodge Private Club
229 West 20th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403
The Elk‘s swimming pool is open year-round and is surrounded by an outside activity court, barbecue area, snack bar and a Jacuzzi. All member families and guests are encouraged to take advantage of the pool when lifeguards are on duty – from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Exercise facility with free weights, treadmills, punching bags and more.
- Tennis courts, four lighted hard courts bounded by security fences with windscreens. There are several USTA teams entering league play and monthly tournaments usually held on weekends. Mixed doubles are very popular.
- The Lodge has four ABC sanctioned bowling lanes with returns. Both men and mixed leagues use the lanes.
- There is a basketball hoop, steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi.
- Three excellently maintained handball courts are designed for competition. With a comfortable and roomy observation level above the courts, numerous tournaments and matches are held throughout the year.
- The pool and billiard room consists of 8 tables that are recovered yearly: 3 regular pool tables, 2 regulation snooker tables and 3 regulation billiard tables. There are several snooker and pool tournaments each year; and a billiard league with other Lodges.
The full list of San Mateo Elks events are here.